- Thanksgiving was nice with Grackle and the pets but tinged with sadness due to good friends husband passing away that morning.
- After the wake the following week, I cut my thumb very badly and ended up in the ER. It wasn't too serious but a real annoyance. Most lab work requires two working thumbs. Plus, I couldn't get it wet for 2 weeks so washing my hair and doing dishes were real adventures.
- Went to the midwest for the holidays. Always nice to see family and friends. We were relaxed and happy because I had just found out that....
- I got an interview for a tenure track position. It is coming up soon and seems too good to be true. I'd really love this position.
- Been busy at work! I now have multiple major grants pending for more money than I can imagine. That jump from small student grants to big grants just happens- like magic- and I know funding rates and resubmissions and everything but just having it out there seems like a good accomplishment in itself.
- I started running again with a goal of 100 miles by April 1. I'm at 16.3 so far.
Ok! All caught up! Back to regularly scheduled blogging!